Friday, May 8, 2009

I love Hot Cheetos??

So my mini me, Jayden, has been asking me for hot cheetos for over a week now. I guess she overheard someone talking about hot cheetos or maybe she saw someone eating them, I don't know.... but every time we pass a convenience store or go to the grocery store, she's yelling out for hot cheetos. I keep telling her that she's not gonna like hot cheetos but her rebuttle is "yah-huh". I guess that means she will. Well I didn't give in to buying them until today. We had to run into 7-11 and there she goes, asking for hot cheetos. Once again I told her that she's not gonna like them to pick something else... but she insisted that she LOVES hot cheetos and really wanted them. So I let her pick out a bag of hot cheetos... while she was doing that, I walked over to the slurpee machine because I knew that was going to come in handy too.

We get to the car and before I could buckle her in, she's shoving the bag in my face saying "Open this for me, Mommy"... I got in and then opened the bag for her... she thrust her little chubby hand in the bag and pulled out a long, fire engine red hot cheetos. She looked at it for a second and thrust it in her mouth... I was watching her in my rear view mirror... she coughed, cleared her throat and shoved another in her mouth. Coughed again, cleared her throat a couple of times and now her eyes are starting to water... put another hot cheetos in her mouth, coughed, cleared, eyes watering and nose running... I couldn't help but giggle... this went on for a few minutes... about 7 cheetos in, I knew she had just had it. She looked a mess! I thought I was going to have to pull over and put her mouth in front of a fire hydrant. She caught me looking at her and as stubborn as she is, she wasn't going to prove me right. Instead, she yells "Deeeeee-LISH-ous!!! I'm going to save some for NayNay." And she rolled up the top of the bag and handed them to me... without saying a word to her, I handed her the slurpee... I don't know what went faster, the redness from her eyes or the slurpee...

She hasn't asked for the remaining hot cheetos.... and I don't think she will.... but her and I both know that I was right.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! Great story! Thanks for sharing Carly...it was Deeee-LISH-ous (ha ha ha).

    ReplyDelete