Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rollin with my Catheter

So I closed down the "chocolate factory" in December 2008... for those of you that don't know what the "chocolate factory" is... it's Me. I make the cutest chocolate drops (babies)... They first come out looking like white chocolate and as they get older, they start to look more cocoa.

Well I had my tubes tied... actually I had a semi-new procedure done called the Essure. It's where they laparoscopically enter the uterus and spring some coil into each fallopian tube. Boom, bam and you're done... I was under for about 45 min. (However, they are learning how to do this with a local anesthesia) After they spring the coils in you have to wait 3 months and then go back and have an ultrasound to make sure everything closed up and you're good to go...

Well I missed my 3 month follow up appt so they rescheduled me for today. My doctor works out of 2 offices... so here is what I have to do... I have to see him at one office where he will insert a catheter... I then have to hop off his table (with the catheter in), waddle to my car (with the catheter in), drive 30 min to his other office (with the cather in) to have the ultrasound done. So I asked him how am I supposed to be mobile with this thing hanging out of my goodies... he said he was going to put surgical tape there to hold it in place. (Oh Man, I wish I would have shaved today!!!!)

So wish me luck, blogging peeps!!! I have a feeling I'm in for an adventure today!!!!

1 comment: